At 10:14 AM EST on August 3rd, 2015, I will officially be 29 years old.
When I was a particularly morbid 16 year old, I looked at 30 as the age where I would commit a fantastic ritual suicide if I hadn't achieved whatever it was I wanted to achieve by that point. It wasn't because I was depressed. It was because I had an insatiable drive to be something and go somewhere, and I was giving myself a specific amount of time to get there and just do it. Now, on the dawn of my 29th year, I can honestly say that at this time next year, I won't be doing any such thing. I am, in fact, head-over-heels happy with my life. I am blessed, and I worked damn hard to be where I am now. The only place to go from here is up.
There is so much to be grateful for, and even more to be proud, of at this point in my life. Some thoughts...
29) I am completely comfortable with, and proud of, who I am and all of my accomplishments.
28) I have careers that I love, and am successful in, both by day, and by night.
27) I've learned what true friendship is, and what true friendship is not.
26) I have, through my various art forms, empowered women [and the female identified] across the world.
25) I am surrounded by a network of love and support that includes family, friends, and colleagues. You know who you are, and I love you.
24) I have been served by the most admirable submissives that a Domme could ever ask for [demand].
23) I have traveled to many beautiful places around the world.
22) I have performed on some of the most thrilling stages in New York City.
21) I have written music that has inspired another generation of young Goths.
20) My image has been captured by astounding artists and graced the pages of magazines and books.
19) I have ripped off my clothes and danced in the summer rain at sunrise.
18) I have watched New York City transform, and I still love it, and will love it, to death.
17) I have laughed until I cried, and cried until I laughed... whether or not it was appropriate.
16) I have learned not to care if something is appropriate, and still maintained classiness while being 'inappropriate'.
15) I have danced on the decks of ships, drunk on alcohol and love [and blood].
14) I have met my idols and learned that [most of the time] they are just human.
13) I have lost God, and found God, and left God, and become my own God, time and time again.
12) My heart has been broken, and come back together again. It is always possible.
11) Sexuality is one of the most important parts of my life and experiences. I thrive on positive sexual energy.
10) I have wined and dined with the most interesting people in the world.
9) I prefer a good book to a good movie, and good company to anything else.
8) I have hit rock bottom and found my way back to the top.
7) I have been nude in front of a large audience. It's exhilarating.
6) Cats are woman's best friend. They see into your soul.
5) I can never clean for long, because I always find some "memory" that distracts me for the rest of the day.
4) I have known, learned from, and lost, some of the most incredible people to have every walked the Earth.
3) I have a beautiful home filled with treasures from my many adventures.
2) I made a person [inside my body] with the beautiful man that I am honored to call husband. She is my greatest creation.
1) I have everything to live for, and a lifetime ahead of me in which I can accomplish anything I set my heart to... and, damn it, I will do it all.
You only live once. Make every second count. Thank you, reader, for making my time on this Earth exquisite. Now, excuse me while I go pour myself a glass of wine, and eat a slice of cake. #ItsMyBirthday <3 font="">3>
Love and Bat Wings,